We use cookies on this site. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Close this message Find out more

More in this section Study Abroad

Study abroad at Royal Holloway

Royal Holloway has a well-established Study Abroad Programme and we welcome students who wish to spend an academic year or term with us.  We are one of the UK's top research-led universities, located just 19 miles from central London on a direct rail link, with easy access to a wide range of locations around the UK and Europe.

A campus experience

Our campus provides the ideal setting for a study abroad experience.  Set in a beautiful 135 acre safe and secure campus, students quickly feel at home in their new environment and take part in a package of visits included in the study abroad fee, which includes trips to London and other local attractions such as Windsor Castle.  The friendly campus offers a supportive environment and students can benefit from a range of academic and welfare services.

Study options

You can choose to study for a period of time ranging from 12 to 38 weeks, through three flexible options:  autumn term (September to December), spring and summer terms (January to June), or the full academic year (September to June). 

Courses are available in all three of our faculties:  Arts and Social Sciences, Management and Economics, Science.


As a study abroad student, you are guaranteed accommodation on campus, provided you apply before the published deadline.  Some of the halls of residence are self-catered, with a shared kitchen for you to cook your own meals, whereas others are catered pay-as-you-go.  Students in catered halls will be issued with a College card that enables them to purchase meals in their residence's Dining Halls, at a discount of approximately 50 per cent.  Catered Halls do not have kitchens for student use, but do have small pantries for the preparation of hot drinks and snacks. Most rooms offered are single and many have an en-suite shower room.  All have an internet network connection and are just minutes away from the academic buildings and other college facilities. 

Further information can be found here.


Students Crosslands Quad

Are you a current Royal Holloway student or applying to study at Royal Holloway and considering an academic year abroad at one of our partner universities in Europe (Erasmus) or outside Europe (International Exchange)? If so,


Comment on this page

Did you find the information you were looking for? Is there a broken link or content that needs updating? Let us know so we can improve the page.

Note: If you need further information or have a question that cannot be satisfied by this page, please call our switchboard on +44 (0)1784 434455.

This window will close when you submit your comment.

Add Your Feedback