Enrolment must be completed by the deadline set by your school. This will either be within 14 or 21 days of the start of your course. Otherwise, you may be at risk of having your record closed for non-enrolment.
You should aim to arrive and enrol as soon as possible at the start of term. Failure to enrol by the deadline relevant to your course, without prior approval and in the absence of medical or other good reason, will result in you being deregistered from your course.
All new students must enrol at the start of each new academic year by completing:
- Online sign-up
- This should be completed before the start of the new academic year.
- Tuition fee payment
- Tuition fee payment should be made by the anniversary of the course start date before you start your new year of study.
- If your tuition fees are being paid by Student Finance, we will confirm your attendance once you have completed enrolment. The earliest we will do that is the first day of term in the new academic year.
- If you are receiving a scholarship fee reduction this will be applied to your record for the start of term. You should continue to pay the remaining fees you owe, even if your fee reduction is not yet applied.
- Identity Check
- The process for Identity Check is dependent on your nationality. For further instructions please see our webpages. The Identity check confirms your right to study with us as a UK institution.
- Check Campus Connect ‘My Studies’ tab for your modules registrations
- For information on how your department will register you onto your modules, please refer to your department’s handbook. If you have any queries on this, further school and department information can be found here.
What happens if I don't complete enrolment in time?
You should complete the relevant steps of your enrolment before the start of the academic year. You should complete your identity check as soon as possible at the start of term. Details on how to complete your identity check can be found here. We will send you an email in December 2021 to confirm instructions for completing enrolment.
If you do not enrol with the College you will not be entitled to use any College facilities, including the Computer Centre, the Library, Campus Account facilities, the Students' Union, or attend lectures and seminars. Your access to College systems may also be revoked.
Failure to enrol by the deadline relevant to your course, without prior approval and in the absence of medical or other good reason, will result in you being deregistered from your course and closure of your student record at the College. If you are sponsored by Royal Holloway for your Student Visa, this will be curtailed (cancelled and withdrawn) in line with the UK Visa and Immigration rules.
If, in exceptional circumstances, re-admission is subsequently granted you will be liable for a reinstatement fee of £300. Exceptions will only be considered where Student Administration has been informed in advance in writing of any circumstances that prevent enrolment by the specified time. Student Administration and your school will review your circumstances to ascertain whether late enrolment is viable.
Please note that students will not be permitted to re-commence their studies and/or enrol after the deadline (14 or 21 day period) unless you have exceptionally been granted permission to enrol late by Student Administration or your School. If you are unable to return to the College within this time you may need to consider starting your studies the following academic year.
Further information can be found in our enrolment and attendance monitoring document.