We use cookies on this site. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Close this message Find out more

Home > Music home > Information for current students
More in this section Information for current students

Information for current students

Opportunities to study abroad as part of your Royal Holloway Degree


The Department of Music has three European partners within the ERASMUS framework. This means that for undergraduates who wish to spend a year abroad there is the possibility of studying at the Sorbonne University, Paris, St Cecilia Academy of Music, Rome, or Trinity College Dublin. You would take the whole of your second year of undergraduate study at one of these institutions and then return to Royal Holloway for your third year. These three institutions are extremely prestigious for the study of music and first year students would need to apply through us and be selected by these partner institutions, acceptance is competitive and not automatic although we send students abroad each year.

PhD Students

The Department of Music will look into setting up any appropriate ERASMUS exchange with a foreign institution that the student and the supervisor deem appropriate for the advancement of the research project. For example, we currently send and receive students from Uppsala University in Sweden in the field of Baroque Music.


Comment on this page

Did you find the information you were looking for? Is there a broken link or content that needs updating? Let us know so we can improve the page.

Note: If you need further information or have a question that cannot be satisfied by this page, please call our switchboard on +44 (0)1784 434455.

This window will close when you submit your comment.

Add Your Feedback