Change of Start Date for Scholarship Recipients

How do I change my start date?

If you discover that your start date is incorrect, or you wish to start your programme on a different date than originally applied for, you must inform us to ensure your record is correctly updated. Please ensure that you follow the processes here to change your start date.

In addition to this, if you are in receipt of a scholarship, please note the information below before requesting the change.


How do I ensure that the change is permitted within the conditions of my funding?

-  If you are funded by a Research Council, College Scholarship or external agency, your start date might be set by the terms and conditions of your funding. Any changes to start date must be agreed with the funding body prior to requesting the change with Royal Holloway.

Email us to inform us of your wish to change start date, and we will confirm to you whether this is ok. If necessary, we will contact your funding body on your behalf to confirm this information.


What do I need to do next?

Follow the processes as described here and we will confirm by email when we update this on your record. We will ensure to inform the relevant colleagues of this change, so that we can adjust your scholarship start and end date accordingly.



Frequently asked Questions


Can I receive a new scholarship offer letter?

Yes, if you have not yet started your programme, we will send you an updated letter to confirm your new start and end date. If you have any queries about this, please email us.

Will my submission deadline change?

Yes, when we email you to confirm your change of start date, we will also confirm your submission deadline following this change. If you have any questions, please email us.