The following information is for departments who wish to nominate students to receive postgraduate research studentships.
- All departments should complete the nomination form and return this to email@example.com.
- If match-funding / co-funding from the College is required, please ensure this has been approved by the Dean of the Doctoral School before submitting the nomination form. To request College co-funding, please complete the College co-funding request form.
- If the student is funded by RCUK, an additional online form should also be completed (please note: if the student is EPSRC, the additional online form is not required)
- Please note that if there are ANY changes to the studentship or a student changes to a different award at a later date, a new nomination form must be completed and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. PGR studentship nomination form
The nomination form should be completed by the department, signed off by the Director of Graduate Studies, and returned to email@example.com.
Please read the instructions carefully and complete each relevant section, in accordance with the type of studentship the student is to receive. For guidance on how to complete each section, please view our guide to completing the form. For studentships with multiple funders, you may also find it useful to use the Studentship Funding Tool to assist with costing. If you require any help with the Funding Tool, please contact Research Finance at Finance-Research-Studentships@royalholloway.ac.uk.
All departments should complete the following:
- Section A - General information
- Section E – Additional information, checklist and approval from Director of Graduate Studies
- and either:
- Section B – Central College funding with or without additional departmental funding.
- Section C – External funding e.g. RCUK, charities, industry etc. with or without funding from Royal Holloway
- Section D - to be completed in addition to the sections above, only if the student is funded by RCUK
When the form is completed and signed, please save the file in the following format: LAST NAME, first name_ID (e.g. SMITH_John_100123456) and send electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. RCUK studentships - online form
In addition to the above nomination form, students who are funded (either in part or in full) by a Research Council are required to have a student record created on the Je-S system, for monitoring by RCUK. Each Research Council requires specific information to be recorded, additional to the information provided on the nomination form.
Please use the below form to provide this additional information for recording on Je-S. Please select the relevant Research Council, and you will then be directed to the specific questions for that Council.
Please note: If your student is funded by EPSRC, they require no further information, other than what has already been provided on the nomination form, and you are not required to complete the online form.