The PRES survey 2021 has now closed. Many thanks to all of you who participated. What happens next?:
- Over the summer:
- The responses will be bench-marked against other UK HE institutions and analysed at a College level / School level / department level
- Autumn term:
- The Doctoral School and the School Directors of PGR Education receive a report which summarises this bench-marking and analysis
- An action plan is created at both a College level and School level to address issues raised in the survey
- Key messages from the survey and the action plans created will be shared with all PGRs via the Researcher Newsletter / Doctoral School microsite / Doctoral School Open Meeting / School-level meetings and communications.
- Spring term:
- Communications will be sent out to let you know wht work is being done to address points on the action plan.
What is PRES?
The Postgraduate Research Experience Survey (PRES) is the only national survey for postgraduate research students' experience. It is run annually by Royal Holloway, working in partnership with Advance HE and Jisc.
PRES has been developed in consultation with the sector and has been robustly tested to ensure it produces valid results. The survey focuses on students’ experiences of:
- research community
- progress and assessment
- skills and professional development
Why should you take part?
This is your chance to tell Royal Holloway about your experience as a postgraduate researcher here - both how the College is already supporting you on your research journey and what we can do to improve your experience here. Responses from you help the College improve both our current and future support.
Please note that some departments request that you provide proof that you have completed the survey as part of your annual review. To check whether this is a requirement of your department, please click here. You can take a screenshot of the completion screen as proof but the Doctoral School will also be emailing receipts on a regular basis. If you need the receipt by a certain date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a thank you for your feedback you will be entered into a draw to win one of three online Waterstones vouchers of £50 upon completion of the survey.
Is the survey confidential?
Yes - data from the survey are held securely and distributed to departments anonymously. No academic has access to any of the data that would identify any individual.
What happens with the results of the survey?
A report summarising your comments and suggestions will be considered by the Research Degree Programmes Committee in the autumn term and the Director of Postgraduate Research Education for your School will respond to you by email / in person regarding the points raised in this report once this committee has been convened.
The Doctoral School will also closely analyse the results so that the support the Doctoral School provides to the postgraduate research community can be enhanced in light of the feedback received.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about the survey.