Key Doctoral School academic staff:
Key Doctoral School services:
The Doctoral School is here to help you with many of your non-academic queries (click here for services which the Doctoral School does not provide).
View a Who's Who of the Doctoral School administration team.
The Doctoral School:.
The Doctoral School currently supports Schools and departments with room bookings / registers of attendance etc.
The Royal Holloway Doctoral conference 2021 took place on 10 and 11 June. Find out more.
The Doctoral School provides administrative support to academics / students organising the School conferences e.g. room booking / catering.
If you are not sure who your reps are on your School's PGR Student / Staff Committee, please check here
The PGR Forum meets once a term and provides an opportunity for PGR student reps, PGR Collectuve Convenors and the representatives from the Students' Union to work with the Doctoral School to:
- to discuss College-wide issues that are raised in School PGR SSC meetings
- to collaborate to develop initiatives to enhance the PGR student experience
- to provide a space for PGR reps to share good practice
- to act as a route for the Doctoral School to canvas PGR opinions
- to compliment, not duplicate, the purpose of the School PGR SSC meetings and the Doctoral School Open Meetings
If there is anything that you would like to raise for the PGR Forum to consider, please contact a member for the Forum from your School.
The Doctoral School Open Meeting runs once a term and gives you the opportunity to:
- find out what is happening across the College and in your School to support postgraduate researchers
- raise questions with the Dean of the Doctoral School, the Doctoral School managers and the School Directors of PGR Education
- feedback your suggestions and opinions on a range of topics affecting postgraduate researchers
The Doctoral School:
- maintains the Doctoral School microsite with up to date news and events of interest to PGR students as well as details of the RDP progamme and relevant administrative process
- sends all PGR students the fprtnightly 'Researcher Newsletter', which collates news, events and articles for PGR students from across the College and beyond
- maintains the Twitter feed @RHULDocSchool
The Doctoral School Helpdesk can help you by providing documents and advice on non-academic matters e.g.
- Change of start date / interruption / change of mode / withdrawal
- Deadline extensions
- Your student record
- Tuition fee billing
- Annual review process
- Upgrade process
- Exam process
Find out more
You are asked to complete a 'Supervisor arrangement confirmation' form when you arrive at Royal Holloway. If there are any subsequent changes to your supervisory team, please inform firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any queries regarding your record, contact email@example.com.
For any queries regarding a suspension of regulations request, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any queries regarding the regulations or Code of Practice, contact email@example.com.
The Doctoral School works closely with many areas of College to help provide a cohesive service to Royal Holloway PGR students e.g:
Services provided elsewhere in the College for postgraduate researchers
Your School's Helpdesk - contact them if you have queries about:
- Your HR contract (for those of you who are teaching)
- Study space within your department / School
- Expenses (except techne expenses, which the Doctoral School deals with)
The Student Services Centre - contact them if you have queries about:
- Applying to live in Halls
- Replacement College cards
- Travel concessions including the 18+ Student Oyster Photocard
The following also provide services for postgraduate researchers: