As the start of term approaches, many of our student support teams are receiving a very high volume of queries via phone and email, particularly the Student Services Centre team.
We are working very hard to reply to queries as quickly as we can, but please be aware that there may be a delay in receiving a response. We are dealing with your requests on a first-come first-served basis, and will be in touch as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued patience. Our student intranet and Welcome Week website contain lots of information regarding start of term and might be helpful in answering some of your queries.
From Monday 16 September to Friday 20 September 2019, the Student Services Centre will be open from 10.30am to 5.30pm to answer your queries in person, over the phone and by email.
Our friendly and knowledgeable team are committed to providing outstanding customer service to ensure our students feel supported as individuals throughout their studies at Royal Holloway.
The Student Services Centre provides a central point of contact for enquiries and services in a way that is accessible to all. We are dedicated to responding to queries sensitively, fairly and efficiently; if we don’t have the answer to your query we'll work with you and our colleagues across the College to find the best solution.
To achieve our vision we will:
- Keep a record of all enquiries to ensure that you never have to explain your situation more than once
- Regularly train our staff so they have the knowledge to help with your query
- Resolve your query as quickly as we can, keeping you informed of our progress
- Actively promote the events and services that are available to you across campus
- Continually review our services to ensure we are putting you at the heart of all improvements
- Ensure our online presence is innovative and current, so that you can access the information you need, when you need it
What you can expect from us
If you visit us in the Davison Building we will:
- Provide a friendly and welcoming environment with a variety of helpful and up-to-date materials
- Not keep you waiting for longer than ten minutes to see an advisor
- Aim to answer 75% of queries on the first visit
- See you at the agreed time if you have an appointment
If you call us on 01784 276641, we will:
- Answer in a polite and professional manner, confirming the service area you have come through to and who you are speaking with
- If the Centre is closed we will alert you to this via our voicemail message
If you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will:
- Send an automated email to confirm your query has been received
- Assign a query reference number to your email so it can be easily tracked and monitored
- Resolve your query within three to five working days.
- Keep you informed of any on-going queries, and let you know when the Centre is closed.
When using our services we ask that you:
- Present your College Card
- Keep all appointments
- Provide feedback when requested to help us to improve and enhance our services
- Show consideration to other users and respect their privacy when they are talking to advisors and/or using the self-service PCs
- Use the PCs in the Student Services Centre to access our services only