We’re looking forward to welcoming you onto campus and in order to make your arrival as smooth and safe as possible we’re designing the check in process with your safety in mind. We will be operating an extended arrivals period over 12 days from Saturday 12 September to Tuesday 22 September and in order to maintain social distancing there will be a limited number of arrival slots available each day running from 8am to 6pm.
You will be able to see availability and book your slot as part of completing the Induction and Arrivals modules on the Online Accommodation System. These modules will be made available to you in early September 2020 and you will recieve an email inviting you to complete these modules when they open.
Once you have completed these modules, you will be given a designated check in zone and when you arrive on campus, you will be able to drive to this zone and check into your halls whilst remaining in your car. You will then be directed to your move in location where members of staff will be on hand to help you.
In the current situation we’re making changes to the way we manage arrivals to Halls to ensure that all our students and staff are as safe as possible. We are therefore introducing a number of safety measures in line with government guidance:
- Face coverings should be worn by students and guests at all times.
- There will be gloves available at all move in locations as well as sanitiser for hands and moving in equipment (trollies).
- When you check into your Halls you will be forming a household with your flat and any government guidance in place for households will apply.
- The number of people who enter a flat should be kept to a minimum, and you should have no more than one visitor with you in the flat at any time when you are moving in.
- No individuals under the age of 16 are permitted to enter the flat.
- Once you have moved your belongings into your room there should be no visitors in the flat.
- There will be areas available for you and your parents/helpers once you have moved in.