Mortar board

Order proof of my award and results

You can order proof of award letters, copies of your transcripts and more from us

Once you have finished your course we offer a variety of documents, including validated transcripts and proof of award/study letters, that can be used to prove your results and/or previous enrolment at Royal Holloway. 

Our current turnaround time to produce and dispatch documents is up to 20 working days.  

If you require the document(s) yourself please only order a hard copy and not an electronic version.

We have introduced electronic options for most documents. These cannot be emailed to former students, they are designed to be sent by the University directly to official 3rd party email addresses. Please note that electronic documents are sent to 3rd parties from the following email address:

If the documentation is needed for a prospective employer, there is the option for third parties to seek qualification checks via the HEDD scheme. Click here for more details.

Ordering proof of my award and results

What Proof of Award documents are available?

Once you’ve finished your course and received your final results, you can order proof of your results from the Royal Holloway Online Store.

We offer a variety of documents to verify your attendance and achievements, including:

  • Proof of Study Letter
  • Validated Transcript of Results
  • Diploma Supplement (available to students who were awarded after 2006)
  • Validated Copy of your Degree Certificate 
  • Royal Holloway Replacement Certificate - available for limited courses only - most degree certificates are produced and dispatch by the University of London
  • E-Documents (PDF versions) are also available for some of the documents listed above but can only be sent directly by ourselves to an official third party

Full details about what information is included on each of these documents, and who is eligible to receive them, is available on the Royal Holloway Online Store. Certain documents may not be available to students who studied with us prior to our electronic archives being introduced.

How do I place an order?

All documents need to be ordered from the Royal Holloway Online Store.

Orders are processed on a first-come-first-served basis and can require up to 20 working days to produce and dispatch.  The time needed for delivery would be additional to this.

When will my order be ready?

Once you've placed an order, the document(s) will be prepared and dispatched within 20 working days.    Orders are processed by date of receipt so please ensure you allow sufficient time to receive your order.

We will email you to advise you when the document has been sent.  This will either be confirmation that the hard copy has been posted or confirmation that the E-Document has been sent to a third party.

How do I get a replacement degree certificate?

Most students are awarded a degree by the University of London (e.g. Bachelors, Masters and MPhil/PhD programmes) and must order a replacement certificate from the Diploma Production Office directly (tel: 0207 862 8303). If you are unsure, please contact before placing an order and we can advise you.

Royal Holloway Replacement Certificate is only available to students whose degree was awarded by Royal Holloway. Programmes for which Royal Holloway can issue a Replacement Certificate include:

  • Certificate of Higher Education
  • University Foundation Programme
  • Graduate Diploma
  • Postgraduate Diploma

If you require a replacement Royal Holloway certificate, this can be ordered from the Royal Holloway Online Store.


Receiving my order

Can I collect my order?

Our Walk-in-Centre is now open from 10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.

If you would like to collect your order, please indicate this when placing your order. In addition, if you would like a friend or family member to collect your documents on your behalf, please include their full name alongside your delivery information.

Can my document be emailed to me?

We cannot send Proof of Award documents by email to former students for cyber security reasons.  However, with our E-Documents service we can send documentation to nominated third party contacts. These should be official 3rd party email addresses e.g. employers, other higher education institutions, government bodies.  When placing an order for an e-document you will need to provide a valid third party email address. We cannot dispatch documents to personal email addresses such as gmail, yahoo, etc. 

Can my documents be sent in a signed and sealed envelope?

If you need your document to be sent in a signed and sealed envelope, you can add the number of envelopes required to your Royal Holloway Online Store basket (£1 per envelope).

How will my order be dispatched and how long will it take to arrive?

Orders to UK addresses are sent by Royal Mail First Class post and orders to addresses abroad are sent by DHL Global Delivery. Please note that we can't track orders sent by Royal Mail First Class or DHL Global Delivery.  DHL Global Delivery is an untracked service.

Please see below for an indication of how long your order may take to reach you once it has been dispatched. This information is based on feedback from our customers.

 Location Delivery time
UK One to three working days
EU Two weeks
USA Three weeks
China Six weeks

Please note that the above times are an estimate to help you plan when you need to place your order and may be affected by adverse weather conditions, industrial action or busy holiday periods. We aren’t able to change or comment on the delivery of documents ordered via the Royal Holloway Online Store once they have been posted and cannot be held responsible for any post that is delayed. We recommend DHL Courier Service (available for overseas deliveries only).  This is an option to purchase on Online Store.

Do you offer a courier service?

If you require your order to be delivered urgently or would like to be able to track your documents, we do offer a worldwide DHL Courier Service at an additional cost.  Simply add this service to your Royal Holloway Online Store basket alongside your documents.

My order hasn’t arrived, what should I do?

Once we’ve dispatched your order, you’ll receive an email from us. Take a look at the table above to find out when you can expect delivery.

If you’ve still not received your order after this time, please contact the Student Services Centre so that we can have a look at your order and advise you on the timescale for issuing one free replacement. Please note that our timescale for replacements is longer than the anticipated delivery times above.


Qualification checks for former students

Are you an external organisation looking to verify the qualification information or attendance details of a current or former Royal Holloway student? Find out more about the Qualification Check request process