Why not grab a coffee and listen to some of these fantastic sessions to help you on your career journey!
These workshops cover the most popular topics requested by students. If you still have questions after watching a session, simply click on the name of the Careers Consultant below to book an appointment.
- Get summer work experience, a three part series delivered by Louise Ogle
- Get summer work experience - condensed 6 minute version (no audio) delivered by Louise Ogle
- Your Graduate Job/Placement Hunt, delivered by Louise Ogle
- Interviews, delivered by Ed McLean
- Getting started with LinkedIn, delivered by Doreen Thompson-Addo
- Using LinkedIn to find a job, delivered by Doreen Thompson-Addo
- What to do if you don't know what to do, delivered by Gemma Seabrook
- Considering Further Study? delivered by Louise Ogle
- Getting started with your Side Hustle delivered by Doreen Thompson-Addo
- CV Workshop delivered by Ed McLean
- Cover Letters delivered by Ed McLean
- How to build a strong online network, delivered by Siobhan Swindells
- How to Leverage Your Online Networks, delivered by Siobhan Swindells
- LinkedIn Hacks Recruiters use to Hire Candidates, delivered by Doreen Thompson-Addo
- Writing Applications for Unadvertised Jobs or Internships, delivered by Simon Mantell
- Writing a great application for further study, delivered by Jo Edmondson
Our Next Steps series are primarily targeted at finalists and recent graduates, but are useful for anyone.
- Think Ahead Presentation - The Think Ahead Programme offers a new route into social work for graduates and career-changers remarkable enough to make a real difference to people with mental health problems.
- Women in Tech: Get into Coding Workshop - Interested in learning to code but don’t know where to start? Watch this session with mthree to get an insight into different programming languages, where they are used and the current job market for the different languages out there.
- Nucleargraduates Presentation - Hear from nucleargraduates, who are looking to recruit the next generation of talented engineers, scientists and business graduates to join one of the most misunderstood but most talked about industries in the UK. Find out about their award-winning graduate programme and hear all their opportunities.
- Bloomsbury Publishing Presentation - Lisa from Bloomsbury talked about the wide range of roles available in publishing and her top tips for securing your first graduate role.
- BDO Graduate and Placement Opportunities - Adriana from BDO was joined by Michael, a current final year student, to talk about the opportunities and the candidate's experience of the application process.
- PA Consulting Opportunities for STEM students - Kouther from PA Consulting was joined by three of their Technical Consultants, to talk about their roles and the opportunities for students from STEM backgrounds
- Life at Accenture as a new Graduate - During this session, we heard from analysts at Accenture who shared their experiences of their first year of work. The session covered how to manage your work-life balance, networking, plus how to manage the transition from university life to working a full-time job and the responsibilities that come with it. There were some great top tips and advice from the panellists!
- FDM: Excel Part 1 - Hands-on training including: referencing, tables, data cleaning, data validation and filtering. Ideal if you're new to using the different features of Excel, or if you already have a basic understanding and are looking to refresh your skills! [Remember to dowload the cheatsheet and Excel workbook for this session too.]
- FDM: Excel Part 2 - Hands-on training including: aggregation functions, logic functions and VLOOKUP functions, as well as exploring the basics of pivot tables. Ideal if you're new to using the different features of Excel, or if you already have a basic understanding and are looking to refresh your skills! [Remember to download the cheatsheet and Excel workbook for this session too.]
- Imagen Insights: Branding and Promotion - Anna Danylchenko, Community Lead at Imagen, provided an opportunity to experience a case study from the workplace and looked at how brands develop their products and marketing messages for the 16-26 age group – Generation Z!
- mthree: Securing a Job during the Pandemic - Hristiana Davidova, Alumni Talent Executive at mthree, brought the employer's perspective to this session and explained how you can maximise your chances in the current economic climate
- Everis: Resilience in the Workplace - Dina Alvarez, Head of Culture and Employee Experience at everis, looked at creating a positive approach and mindset, choosing the right employer for your mental health, building resilience and reducing anxiety.
- Competency Based Interview Training - In this session, alumnus and career civil servant Joff Manning talks through the fundamentals of competency-based interviews, describing what they are, how they operate and - most crucially – how to ace them! Joff is an experienced interviewer and has prepared hundreds of clients and colleagues for competency-based interviews, assessment centres and promotion boards.
- A Conversation with Scientists - Focusing on the career path of a Bioscientist, in particular working in the NHS and the Scientist Training Programme (STP), our panel shared their career stories, insider insights, top tips and advice. Panel members:
- Amani Elhouderi, Biomedical Scientist for the NHS
- Guy Brown, trainee Clinical Scientist (Medical Physics) on the STP at Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust
- Physician Associate Panel and Q & A - Our panel of Physician Associates told us more about this interesting career option in the Healthcare profession. Panel members:
- Bilal Chaudhry MSc PA-R Physician Associate in Haematology Northampton General Hospital
- Naju Ibrahim Physician Associate in Surgery University Hospitals Birmingham Trust
- Alex Wilkerson, Catastrophe Analyst at Willis Re - Economics graduate Alex gives an overview of the reinsurance industry and the opportunities available at Willis Re
- Holly Nardi, Investment Consultant at Reddington - Business and Management graduate Holly talks about her role as an Investment Consultant, the wider opportunities at Reddington and the benefits of working for a smaller organisation
We run sector-themed weeks in terms one and two, providing an opportunity for you to explore the opportunities available and hear directly from alumni and employers on how to maximise your chances of success. You can find recordings of some of our autumn 2021 events here