UCU (University and CollegeUnion) has announced 18 days of strike action to take place on the following dates:
- Wednesday 1 February (to coincide with the Teaching Union’s industrial action)
- Thursday 9 – Friday 10 February inclusive
- Tuesday 14 – Thursday 16 February inclusive
- Tuesday 21 – Thursday 23 February inclusive
- Monday 27 - Tuesday 28 February inclusive
- Wednesday 1 - Thursday 2 March inclusive
- Thursday 16 – Friday 17 March inclusive
- Monday 20 – Wednesday 22 March inclusive
Action short of strike has been taking place since Wednesday 23 November 2022 and the Union has a mandate for action through to Thursday 20 April 2023. Action short of strike consists of UCU members only working to contract; not undertaking any voluntary activities; not covering for absent colleagues; removing materials related to, and/or not sharing material related to, lectures or classes that will or have been cancelled as a result of strike action; and not rescheduling lectures or classes cancelled due to strike action.
We are very mindful of our responsibility to mitigate the impact of any strike action. While we recognise colleagues’ right to take strike action, we want to reassure you that we are seeking to minimise the impact of staff taking strike action and working to contract may have on your studies.
If you are concerned that the action has impacted your studies you should, in the first instance, speak to your Personal Tutor, or your School Office. If your questions aren’t covered in the information we have shared below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.