Study Support Grant
The Study Support Grant is an amount of money available to eligible students who are facing financial difficulties. The Grant is paid in cash and due to high demand awards are limited. A standard assessment procedure is used which calculates the level of support based on the gap between annual income and essential expenditure. In exceptional circumstances, non-standard assessments will be considered to support students with specific essential costs of living.
While applying for the Study Support Grant, we also encourage students to read our guidance on the cost of living and making the most from your money.
The application process
1. Please complete the online form and submit all documents that are relevant to your circumstances
2. Our Financial Advice Team will assess your application and may get in contact with you if they require further information
3. Completed applications will be decided within 4 weeks
4. If you have any questions either before or after applying please contact email@example.com
- You must be enrolled and undertaking in-person teaching in order to be eligible for an award
- Applications for financial support must be received no later than 4 weeks before your official course end date
Your financial need will be assessed over the whole academic year. For undergraduate students this is 39 weeks, while for postgraduate students it is 52 weeks
Our assessment of your financial need will not take into account your tuition fees
Study Support Grants are usually only awarded once a year unless a student can demonstrate a change in circumstances within the same academic year that has impacted their finances
Provided your application form has been accurately completed and the appropriate evidence has been submitted, a decision should be made within 4 weeks of submission. Your application will be considered by Financial Wellbeing in the strictest confidence and you will be notified of the outcome via an email to your university account.