Who should complete this form?
If you have started your postgraduate research studies at another institution and wish to transfer to Royal Holloway in order to complete this same research - and the academic department at Royal Holloway has indicated that they would be interested in accepting you - please complete the form below.
If you have started your postgraduate research studies at another institution and wish to transfer to Royal Holloway to start again with a new area of research, please do NOT complete this form. You should follow the standard Royal Holloway application process.
Why do we need you to complete this form?
In order for Admissions to be able to issue a formal offer, we need to know the following:
- How much FTE (full time equivalent) you have studied so far - so that we can:
- ascertain whether a suspension of regulations will need to be approved to permit you to transfer in (see section 4 of the PGR regulations)
- calculate what your upgrade (if relevant) and thesis submission deadline at Royal Holloway will be
- Whether you have external funding - so that we can put into place the agreement to transfer over the funding with you
What documents do you need at hand when submitting the form?
- Certifying letter from your current / previous institution confirming:
- Start date
- Leave date
- Mode of attendance
- Any interruption dates
- Date of upgrade (if already upgraded)
- Evidence of any Research Methods / Research Skills training completed to date.
How to complete the form
All pages of the form must be completed and the form submitted by clicking the ‘submit’ button on the final page. Once you submit the form, you will receive a confirmation e-mail to the email address you have entered on the form.
You can navigate between pages using the ‘Next Page’ and ‘Previous Page’ buttons. However, please note that you will not be able to move onto the next page until you have completed all compulsory fields on the current page ( the compulsory fields are marked with a *).
Please also be aware that you need to submit the form in one sitting i.e. you are not able to complete part of the form and then return to it at a later date.
Screenshot of transfer in online form
What happens once the form has been submitted?
The Doctoral School will contact you to let you know whether a suspension of regulations will need to be approved first before you can be permitted to transfer in to Royal Holloway or whether you can go ahead with the standard Royal Holloway application process.
For any queries regarding this process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.