Postgraduate researchers must enrol with Royal Holloway every academic year in order to remain registered, just as with all other students. The key enrolment steps are:
- Complete Online Sign Up for 2022/23
- Pay your 2022/23 fees
- Upload a photo for your College card (new students only)
- Complete your ID check (new students only)
Find out more about the enrolment steps required.
Find out about the consequences of failing to to enrol.
If you are funded, you must be fully enrolled for the academic year and have entered your bank details on Campus Connect before you will start to receive your maintenance payments. Find out more
Please note that your Enrolment Check list on Campus Connect will not update fully until the week beginning 19 September so don't worry if you have paid your fees / your fees are covered by a studentship but it still looks as if the Fees section of enrolment is still outstanding.
If you are a returning postgraduate researcher
Online sign up
- You must complete Online Sign-up in August/September no matter when your original start date was. So if for example you started your programme in January, you still need to complete Online Sign-up in September, not on the anniversary of your start date.
- If you haven’t been awarded yet, you still need to complete Online Sign-up before we can award you your degree.
- Similarly if you have been given corrections, you’ll need to complete Online Sign-up to maintain your registration with the College.
- You are billed your tuition fees for the academic year one month before the anniversary of your start date and are expected to pay before your anniversary date.
- For those of you whose funding expires part way through your billing year, you will be billed your writing up fee a month before the funding expires.
- Once you have submitted your thesis, you are no longer billed unless you are asked to resubmit.
Find out more about fees for postgraduate researchers