Key Doctoral School academic staff:
View a Who's Who of the Doctoral School administration team
Key Doctoral School services:
The Doctoral School currently supports Schools and departments with room bookings / registers of attendance etc.
It is intended that at least one session will be held a term. Details for 2021/22 to follow.
This year's virtual conference took place on 10 and 11 June 2021. Further details to follow.
The Doctoral School provides administrative support to academics / students organising the School conferences e.g. room booking / catering.
We are very aware of the importance of creating opportunities for PGR students to meet together and to provide feedback so that the Doctoral School can work together with them to develop a more cohesive, vibrant PGR student community.
If you are not sure who your reps are on your School's PGR Student / Staff Committee, please contact check here.
The PGR Forum meets twice a term and provides an opportunity for PGR student reps, PGR Collectuve Convenors and the representatives from the Students' Union to work with the Doctoral School to:
- to discuss College-wide issues that are raised in School PGR SSC meetings
- to collaborate to develop initiatives to enhance the PGR student experience
- to provide a space for PGR reps to share good practice
- to act as a route for the Doctoral School to canvas PGR opinions
- to compliment, not duplicate, the purpose of the School PGR SSC meetings and the Doctoral School Open Meetings
If there is anything that you would like to raise for the PGR Forum to consider, please contact a member for the Forum from your School.
The Doctoral School Open Meeting runs once a term and gives you the opportunity to:
- find out what is happening across the College and in your School to support postgraduate researchers
- raise questions with the Dean of the Doctoral School, the Doctoral School managers and the School Directors of PGR Education
- feedback your suggestions and opinions on a range of topics affecting postgraduate researchers
The Doctoral School:
- maintains the Doctoral School microsite with up to date news and events of interest to PGR students as well as details of the RDP progamme and relevant administrative process
- sends all PGR students the 'Researcher Newlsetter', which collates news, events and articles for PGR students from across the College and beyond
- sends all PGR students a weekly email with any last-minute news / events
- maintains the Twitter feed @RHULPGRTweets
The Doctoral School liaises with Marketing and Communcations regarding the College PGR recruitment strategy and supports departments with recruitment advertising.
The Doctoral School administers the TECHNE Doctoral Training Partnership, a consortium of 9 institutions across South East England.
New postgraduate researchers are asked to complete a 'Supervisor arrangement confirmation' form when they arrive at Royal Holloway. If there are any subsequent changes to the supervisory team, please inform email@example.com.
For any queries regarding your record, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any queries regarding the regulations or Code of Practice, contact email@example.com.
If you have a concern about the engagement of one of your students, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any concerns you would like to discuss, please contact email@example.com.
The Doctoral School works closely with many areas of College to help provide a cohesive service to Royal Holloway PGR students e.g: