Diversity Careers Virtual Fair
Unfortunately our Diversity Careers Fair due to be held in the Davison Building had to be cancelled, as many of our exhibitors were no longer able to attend following advice from their organisations relating to the Coronavirus outbreak. However, you can find information on all of the organisations involved below. They are working hard to create a more diverse and inclusive workplace in areas such as gender, ethnicity, mental health, disability and neurodiversity and we encourage you to research them further and discover whether they might be the right fit for you as you work out your future career plans.
Our fantastic employers who were due to attend the Careers Diversity Fair have given us some more information about what they do, the opportunities they have available, and how they support diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Click here to find out more or click on the logos below.
Support Networks and Charities
Click the logos below to find out what the support networks are doing to make the workplace more inclusive and how they can help you with your career!
Student Societies and Collectives
The following student societies and collectives are also passionate about Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace, so do get in touch with them to find out more:
What are your values?
A key part of your journey here at Royal Holloway is understanding what your values are and in turn, what appeals to you in a potential employer when considering the type of company you'd like to work for. Working for an employer that reflects your values can play a crucial part in your personal happiness and success in the workplace.
We produced a helpful booklet for the event which we have left here for you, as it contains useful information about the employers and support networks who had booked to attend, as well as the student societies and collectives we have collaborated with. Make sure you look at the list of diversity schemes and organisations on the back page, which could help to kick-start your job search!
Diversity in the Workplace Passport Challenge
WIN A BLUETOOTH SPEAKER! Accenture are running this month's Passport Challenge which is based on Inclusion in the Workplace and their #InclusionStartsWithI campaign. Find out more here on how you can enter to be in with a chance to win a speaker plus a £20 Amazon Voucher!
Frequently Asked Questions
Take a look at the answers to some of our Frequently Asked Questions below:
Finding out more about the employers you are interested in will enable you to:
- Be more aware of how your career aspirations fit with these employers
- Be better informed when evaluating your career options.
- Better understand how these employers embrace diversity and inclusion and what that could mean for you
- Learn what a successful applicant looks like to these employers
- Be better informed when exploring your next steps.
- Understand how they are changing their recruitment processes to make them more inclusive
- Identify diversity and equality insights for the career of your choosing
- Be better informed and more likely to succeed when applying
Some employers are sending their brochures and you will be able to pick these up from the tables outside the Careers Service in Davison from Wednesday 18 March. You can also pick up a copy of the fair brochure from the Careers Service in the Davison Building, or download it here. It has lots of useful information!
Whether in person or online, if you have no idea what to ask an employer, here are some suggestions:
- What do you enjoy about working for this company?
- How did you get started in your career?
- What sort of graduate/internship roles do you offer?
- What is a typical day like in the role?
- What opportunities are there for career progression?
- What makes a good candidate for your company/industry?
- How do you ensure that the application process is fair?
- How can I make my application stand out?
- What can I do while I am at university that will help me get into this sector?
- What are your company values?
- What diversity & equality initiatives do you have in place for your employees?
Our Careers team are always happy to speak to you if you need any help or advice on diversity and inclusion in the workplace, either by phone/skype or in person (see below). There are also lots of organisations who can help you with specific questions - take a look at the back of our fair booklet for a list of some of these organisations.
Alternatively, if you need general careers guidance or help with an application, you can book a one-to-one appointment with a Careers Consultant. Find out more.
The fair booklet has information on which employers sponsor international students.
If you have any specific questions about visas, the International Student Support team may also be able to help you with your questions via email.