The library is only open for students and staff on campus and Royal Holloway students who are unable to study at home. You should only visit the library if absolutely necessary. You should use our online resources if you are studying off campus. You can find help on how to access our eresources on our Accessing eresources webpage.
To access to the library you will need a valid College Card. Occupancy levels are managed by users registering with the NHS Test and Trace App on arrival or with your student or staff number at the reception desk. You do not need to prebook to use the library.
Once in the library you can access study space, printers, fixed PCs, loanable laptops for use in the library and browse and borrow from the collection. All study spaces are individual silent study, with the exception of the Online Lecture Engagement Room situated on the first floor, where study spaces are still individual but users are permitted to talk.
We ask that you strictly follow social distancing guidelines and the use of face coverings is mandatory when in the library, unless you have an exemption. If you have an exemption you can request a `Sunflower' card, lanyard or wristband through the 'Sunflower' request form.
Students and staff on campus registered with the Disability & Dyslexia Support services (DDS) can use our ‘Request’ service to borrow from the collection, but should use our eresources where possible. For students and staff members registered with DDS who wish to use this service, please read the following instructions carefully.
Books to You:
If you require resources that are in the Library collection but you are currently unable to physically access them due to Covid restrictions, please use our Books To You service to send your request. Similarly, if there is a resource that we do not have, please make use of the Books To You to ask us whether we can source it for you.
- The due date on all one and three week loans has been extended until 01/10/2021.
Making a request:
- Go to the LibrarySearch website and sign in using your Royal Holloway username and password.
- Search for the item you wish to reserve.
- Click on the item you wish to reserve.
- Click on 'request' and then submit your request.
- You can request a maximum of 5 items at one time.
- You can recall items already out on loan.
- You will receive an email letting you know when your requests are ready for pick up. Please make sure you add 'exlibrisgroup.com' to 'safe senders and domains' in your Royal Holloway email account. This will prevent your email notification going into your junk email folder.
Collecting your requests:
- Requests can take up to 7 working days to become available.
- Once you have received your email confirming your requests are ready for collection, you will have up to five working days to collect them.
- You can collect your requests from the Hold Shelf situated by the entrance to the High Use area of the Library next to the printers.
- You can collect your requests during the Library’s opening hours and issue them yourself at one of the self-service kiosks. You will need your College Card with you. You will not be able to borrow items without a College Card. For more information on loan periods and borrowing rules visit our Borrowing Rules and Returning Items webpage.
- Please follow social distancing rules and the use of face coverings is mandatory when in the library, unless you have an exemption.
- A limited number of laptops are available to borrow from the laptop cabinet D situated in the First Floor study area. You will need your College Card to borrow a laptop. You do not need to request a laptop in advance.
- You will be able to keep the laptop for the remainder of the day and must return it to the laptop cabinet by 23:00. When using a laptop we ask that you use nitrile gloves provided at one of the cleaning stations throughout the Library.
- Laptops are for use in the Library only.
- Please be aware that there are a very limited number of laptops available and access is on a first come, first served basis.