You should use our online resources if you are studying off campus. You can find help on how to access our eresources on our Accessing eresources webpage.
Once in the library you can access study space, printers, fixed PCs, loanable laptops for use in the library and browse and borrow from the collection.
Making a request:
- Go to the LibrarySearch website and sign in using your Royal Holloway username and password.
- Search for the item you wish to reserve.
- Click on the item you wish to reserve.
- Click on 'request' and then submit your request.
- You can request a maximum of 5 items at one time.
- You can recall items already out on loan.
- You will receive an email letting you know when your requests are ready for pick up. Please make sure you add 'exlibrisgroup.com' to 'safe senders and domains' in your Royal Holloway email account. This will prevent your email notification going into your junk email folder.
Collecting your requests:
- Requests can take up to 7 working days to become available.
- Once you have received your email confirming your requests are ready for collection, you will have up to five working days to collect them.
- You can collect your requests from the Hold Shelf situated by the entrance to the High Use area of the Library next to the printers.
- You can collect your requests during the Library’s opening hours and issue them yourself at one of the self-service kiosks. You will need your College Card with you. You will not be able to borrow items without a College Card. For more information on loan periods and borrowing rules visit our Borrowing Rules and Returning Items webpage.
- A limited number of laptops are available to borrow from the laptop cabinets on the ground and first floors. You do not need to request a laptop in advance.
- You will be able to keep the laptop for the remainder of the day and must return it to the laptop cabinet before the library closes.
- Laptops are for use in the Library only.