From Monday (20 July), our Library will be running a click and collect service for all students and staff. This will allow you to borrow available print items and DVDs from their collection. Unfortunately, the service is not currently available to external members, alumni, or visitors. Please make sure you read the following instructions carefully.
Making a request:
- Go to the LibrarySearch website and sign in using your Royal Holloway username and password.
- Search for the print item or DVD you wish to reserve.
- Click on the resource you wish to loan.
- Click on request and then submit your request.
- You will be unable to recall any print items or DVDs already out on loan.
Collecting your requests:
- You will receive an email letting you know when your requests are ready for collection. The Library will aim to have them available within three working days.
- Once you have received your email, you will have up to five working days to collect them from the Library in the Davison Building.
- You can collect your requests between 12–2pm, Monday to Friday.
- The collection point is at the entrance to the Davison Building facing Founder’s Square. Please be aware that you are currently unable to access any facilities in the Davison Building.
- You will need to take your student or staff College Card with you.
- When you arrive, please show your ID card to the Library staff. They will then fetch your books for you. These will already be checked out on your account.
- The return date will be Wednesday 30 September 2020 or until your membership expires, if sooner.
- Please be mindful of how many requests you can sensibly transport from the Library.
- Please follow social distancing rules when collecting your books and follow instructions from the Library staff.
- If you have any questions or would like someone to collect your requests on your behalf please contact us in advance at libraryroyalholloway.ac.uk.
Study space and book returns:
After establishing the click and collect service, the Library is now working towards the phased reopening of the Davison Building and its physical services. We are working to ensure that we can provide study facilities in a safe manner and will make further announcements on this in due course.
You can return Royal Holloway Library print items and DVDs to the book return box located on the external wall of the Davison Building towards the SU Shop. It is open 24/7 and users are free to come onto campus for the purposes of returning print items and DVDs, without the need to give notice to the College. Please be aware it may take up to a week for returned loans to be cleared from users’ accounts.
For graduating students who may not be returning to campus, we will advise on alternative ways to return books in the future.
The Library has extended the loan period on all borrowed print items and DVDs to the end of September 2020. We will review this again closer to the time.
All recalls on books have been cancelled. If you have a book which has been recalled, please ignore this.
You will not be penalised if you are unable to get books back to the Library by the due date once we do reopen. Overdue fines remain suspended until further notice. If you have any queries about returning books, please contact us on libraryroyalholloway.ac.uk
Bedford Square is closed and so is unable to accept any book returns.