Get personalised advice that addresses your needs through our bookable 1:1 Writing Tutorials and Drop-In sessions.
Assessment Skills Tutorials
Go to CeDAS Online to book a 20 minute tutorial. This will provide you with quick advice on how to prepare for and take your alternative assessments. However, please note that we cannot help you with drafts or advise you on how to approach specific assessment questions or tasks.
Writing tutorials for your dissertations and projects
Go to CeDAS Online to book a 30 minute session with an academic writing specialist. Our staff can advise you on an array of topics such as academic style, how to quote correctly, how to structure your work and organise your ideas as well as advising on general grammar, punctuation and word choice queries.
To get maximum benefit from the tutorial, please submit a sample of your writing or a draft of your current assignment (up to 2,000 words) at least 24 hours in advance of the session. It is VITAL that you also include details of the assignment task (e.g. the title, question or instructions you have received from your lecturers).
- All tutorials will be delivered by Microsoft teams until further notice
- Tutorials are available to all undergraduates and taught postgraduate students free of charge with a limit of one tutorial per week and ten tutorials per calendar year.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to offer tutorials to Postgraduate Research students; this includes Masters by research and PhD students.
- Intended to be developmental in nature, our tutorial service isn’t set up to carry out proofreading or the correcting of grammatical or spelling mistakes.
- For a full list of what the service can and cannot help you with, please see this document.