Light Turquoise

My College Card

How to use your College Card and what to do if you lose it 

Your College Card is your proof of identity at Royal Holloway. It's also your access card to College buildings, your Library card, Campus Account card and your Students' Union membership card. Find out more about how each of the functions works below. All students are issued a new College Card at the start of their programme at Royal Holloway. If you started your studies in the 2021/21 academic year, please check our enrolment webpages for further infromation. 


Replacement card service 

Service Update - January 2021

Due to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we have a new process for requesting a replacement college cards in the 2020/21 academic year.

The Student Services Centre is currently closed for walk-in enquiries and we are only able to issue replacement College Cards by post. To request a replacement College Card, please call the Student Services Centre between 10am and 4pm (Monday to Friday) on +44 (0) 1784 276 641. Replacement College Cards will be produced within 7-10 days.   


Do I need to pay for a replacement card? 

We offer one free replacement if your card is lost or stolen during your programme of study. Once you have had your free replacement, if your card is lost or stolen again you will be charged a fee of £10 for every future replacement. When you call the Student Services Centre to request a replacement College Card, we will check to see if you have had your free replacement before. If you have, you will need to pay for the replacement card and we will send you a link to make the payment. If you cannot make a payment online, we are able to accept contactless payments in the Student Services Centre. 

If your card is expired or damaged (as a result of reasonable wear and tear) you must return the card to us either via post or at your scheduled appointment. We will then issue a free replacement to you. 

I've ordered a new College Card. Can I collect it on campus? 

We are only able to issue replacement College Cards by post due to lockdown restrictions. It is not possible to collect your replacement card in-person.  . 

My card is damaged/expired, how do I get a replacement? 

If your card has expired or is damaged through reasonable wear and tear, we will replace your card for free. You will then need to return the expired/damaged card to the Student Services Centre in order for us to issue you with a free replacement College Card.


I am currently living on campus and have lost my College Card. 

You can request a replacement college card via the above process. Whilst waiting for the card, if you are locked out of your bedroom please contact your hall reception who will be able to arrange access for you. Your hall reception can arrange a temporary room key which will allow you access to your room and building. 

If you want to pay for things using your Campus Account linked to your College Card, we recommend registering your details online where you will be able to top-up your Campus Account and pay using the UpayChilli app. Full instructions on how to register and top-up your Campus Account online can be found here. During this period, there have been a number of changes to the opening hours of campus facilities including catering outlets and shop opening times. These are updated regularly and can be viewed here.


College Card Policy 

For more information about your College Card, please see our College Card Policy.


Paying with your College Card

You can use your College Card to quickly pay for things on campus


Accessing buildings

Your College Card is your access card to College buildings and facilities

Founder's rooftop

Your Library card

Your College Card is your Library card