Stress Busting Volunteering
See some of the amazing Stress Busting Volunteering opportunities we have coming up!
Sign up here
Step 1 – Register to become a volunteer
New to Royal Holloway? Or just new to Community Action? Register to get involved.
Step 2 – Find a volunteering opportunity
There are lots of volunteering opportunities, it is a matter of finding the one that is right for you.
It depends on:
- What areas you would like to work in, such as arts and culture or sports
- Who you would like to work with, from kids to the elderly
- Where would you like to get involved, within the College, our local community or abroad
- What skills you have or would like to develop
- How much how much time you want to invest
If you’d like to volunteer on an ongoing basis then check out our projects and our student led-projects. Perhaps something on a seasonal basis would suit you better – maybe over Christmas. Or you could look further afield and volunteer abroad. Take a look at our project days if you are interested in one-off events such as the BIG spring clean. You can also check out our notice board to see what’s happening right now.
Step 3 – Record your hours
In order for your volunteering efforts to be recognised you need to record the hours you volunteer
Step 4 – Get recognised
You’ve been volunteering; gained skills, meet new people and worked hard and now you would like to put it on your CV. Your volunteering can be accredited and various awards can be achieved – check out the different ways you can get accredited