Psychology staff member talking to students

Registering your disability

You need to declare your disability and register with Disability and Dyslexia Services to access our support

How to register

The easiest way to register is to come in to meet us in Founder's West room 143. We'll talk you through the process and explain what you have to do.

Alternatively, you can call us on 01784 276473 or email us, after which we'll be able to advise you further.

The disabilities we support

Our support for your condition webpages provide more information about the conditions that we support. These are all conditions defined under the Equality Act 2010, and include:

  • Social or communication impairments, such as an Autistic Spectrum Condition
  • A visual or sensory impairment uncorrected by glasses
  • A longstanding or chronic condition (such as cancer, HIV, diabetes, chronic heart disease or epilepsy)
  • A Mental Health Condition (such as depression, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder)
  • A Specific Learning Difficulty (such as dyslexia, dypraxia or ADHD)
  • A physical impairment or mobility issue.

We can also help if you want to be assessed for a Specific Learning Difficulty such as dyslexia.

Providing evidence of your disability

When you register with the service, we'll ask for evidence about your disability. This helps us to provide you with the right kind of support, and avoid providing support that's not appropriate.

We'll also provide you with a support pack, which you'll need to complete and return to us. Depending on your condition and needs, some sections might need to be completed by a medical practitioner and evidence provided, or you might need to include a post 16 diagnostic assessment from an educational psychologist or suitably qualified specialist teacher.

Header Here

Text here