Undergraduate information on Student Finance


How do I re-apply?

Re-apply at www.gov.uk/student-finance

To ensure that you receive your money in time for the start of the next academic year in September you must submit your application to Student Finance as soon as possible.

Make sure that you print out your declaration form, sign and return it to the Student Loans Company (SLC) before their deadline. Once the SLC have received your declaration form they will confirm your Tuition Fee Loan to Royal Holloway.


What needs to happen for me to receive my maintenance grant/loan?

Your maintenance will be released to you once you have completed enrolment for the start of the new academic year. This means:

  • you should have a confirmed loan for your tuition fees (i.e. received your Student Finance Entitlement Letter), or paid your tuition fees, and
  • you will need to have completed Online Sign-up for the 2016/17 academic year via Campus Connect.

NB: Student Loan Company will only confirm your tuition fee loan to Royal Holloway if they have received your completed declaration form.

In addition to the above, the SLC will need to have notified Royal Holloway of your loan/grant so that we can respond with an 'Attendance Confirmation'. You can expect to receive your maintenance payment 3-4 working days after the Confirmation has been sent. Keep track of your Attendance Confirmation through the Finance tab of Campus Connect.

If any of the above actions are not completed for the start of the new academic year, there could be delays in the SLC releasing maintenance payments to you.


I would like to apply for a loan for the first time even though I'm a continuing student, what should I do?

If you are self-funded yet would like to apply for a Student Finance loan, you can apply at any time during the academic year for the current year.

Please be aware, you will need to have a loan in place or have paid at least 50% of your tutiion fees by the start of term to enrol at Royal Holloway.

Click here to find out more about what help is available from Student Finance and who is eligible.


My circumstances have changed, what do I do?

At any time during the year you can log into your Student Finance account and make changes to your personal details. You can also let Student Finance know about any other changes in your circumstances and request an adjustment to your Maintenance or Tuition Fee Loan if applicable.

If you change your course, repeat a year, withdraw or interrupt your studies after your course has started, Royal Holloway will have to contact Student Finance to inform them - please contact us if this applies to you 

Useful links

Student Finance

Find out more about the scheme and how to apply

The Student room

Online student community covering topics including finance