What is the Student Opportunities Fund?
Do you have entrepreneurial spirit? Do you think outside the box? Have an idea for something that could improve the student experience?
If you – or a group of students – have a creative or innovative concept for a project, social enterprise or activity that requires funding to get you kick started, applications for the Student Opportunities Fund are now open!
Funded by Royal Holloway alumni who donate every year to support projects and initiatives which enrich the student experience here on campus, you can apply for anything between £100 and £3,000.
Recipients will also benefit from mentorship to ensure that ideas are successfully translated into applications.
How to apply
- Make sure you read the application criteria and the terms of receiving funding to ensure that you are eligible to apply.
- Contact your mentor department for advice (see table below) to ensure they are in support of your application.*
- Complete the application form and supporting statement required from your mentor department. This should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org following the submission of your application form.
*Please note that student groups affiliated with the Students' Union should not submit a request to the Student Opportunities Fund but liaise with the Students' Union instead. More information on Students' Union funding can be found here.
This year applications to the Student Opportunities Fund are divided into one of three separate strands:
- Global Perspectives - supporting individuals or small groups of students travel who pursue an extracurricular activity taking place outside of the UK
- Entrepreneurship - supporting individuals or student groups who wish to kick-start a project, social enterprise or activity
- Community & Culture - supporting individuals or student groups in leading on a one-off cultural event or recurring activity that will contribute to the sense of community on campus
You can learn more about each of the strands and view previous examples below: