This week, we are celebrating Student Volunteering Week (12-16 February), a national celebration of the volunteering efforts of students across the country. We will be showcasing the amazing opportunities available and asking you to join us in helping make a difference.
The Community Research Hub is part of Royal Holloway Volunteering and provides you with the opportunity to develop research-related skills and gain valuable real-world experience. Most of the opportunities on the hub can be carried out online and enable you to use your research skills to support local charities and not-for-profit organisations. To find out more about the Royal Holloway Community Research Hub, click here.
We will be running events every day on our Egham campus. Come along to discover a wide variety of opportunities available to you, whether this is getting involved in activities on campus, helping in the local community or volunteering abroad. You can find out more about what’s on each day below, as well as discover our full range of volunteering opportunities on our online platform.
Volunteering is a great way to demonstrate to future employers how you have expanded your skills during your studies. Through volunteering you will have the ability to develop such as communication, resilience, teamwork, and leadership.
As part of Student Volunteering Week, applications are currently open for our new Student Leaders for the 2024/25 academic year. As a Student Leader, you will have the opportunity to lead a project and choose from volunteering with refugees, young people, people with disabilities and elderly people. We also have excellent environmental initiatives and sustainability projects with local organisations. If you would prefer to help promote volunteering as an ambassador, check out our Inspire Team role too. Find out more and apply online.
We look forward to seeing you at our events this week!
Royal Holloway Volunteering
This week, our Volunteering team will be running events on our Egham campus. Come along to discover how you can join our community of amazing volunteers and help make a difference locally and further afield.
- Monday 12 February - Community Action Volunteer Fair in the Davison Building from 11am-2pm. Meet community partners and learn about the amazing opportunities you can get involved with, from becoming a Scout Leader to tutoring or working with disabled people.
- Tuesday 13 February - Sports Volunteering on Founder’s Square from 12-3pm. Take part in activities and meet sports volunteering organisations.
- Wednesday 14 February - Social Action Showcase in the Moore Auditorium from 1-3pm. Learn about our student-led social action projects and what it’s like to be a Project Leader role is like!
- Thursday 15 February - Community Research Living Library in the Davison Building from 1-3pm. Have one to one discussions with our Community Research partners and discover how you can use your research skills to help make a difference. Book online now.
- Friday 16 February - Volunteering Abroad Fair in the Davison Building from 11am-2pm. Meet community partners and learn more about the Turing Scheme, a University fund that can help support you to volunteer abroad.