Proof of Tenancy

Get proof of your stay in Halls of Residence.

Requesting a proof of tenancy letter

If you are a current or former Royal Holloway student who has lived in halls of residence in the last five academic years, you can request a proof of tenancy letter by completing our quick and easy online request form below. 

Once requested, we will process your request by checking your student details and financial status. When these checks have been completed, the proof of tenancy letter can be emailed to you. It is then your responsibility to forward the proof of tenancy letter to your landlord or letting agent. Due to data protection legislation, the Student Services Centre will not send proof of tenancy letters to third parties.

What information will the letter contain?

The proof of tenancy letter will confirm the length of your accommodation contract, the dates you were contracted from and to as well as the rent that was charged for each term.

Please note, we are not able to:

  • Comment on conduct during tenancy
  • Confirm any rental arrears
  • Provide a character reference.

Information for letting agencies

Royal Holloway will only issue proof of tenancy letters to current or former Royal Holloway students. If you are a letting agent or landlord acting on behalf of a student, we will be unable to provide you with this documentation directly. Proof of tenancy letters are issued directly to the student who is responsible for providing the document to you.

  • The turnaround time for producing these letters is usually five working days however, this may change at busy times of year.
  • For which academic year (s) would you you like the letter for?

Please note, we reserve the right not to issue Proof of Tenancy Letters to students with an outstanding debt to the College.