How can I install MATLAB?
The university has a licence that students and staff can use to install MATLAB. You will need to register an account with MathWorks using your College email address before you can download and install MATLAB.
- Visit https://uk.mathworks.com/.
- Log in using the account you have set up using your College email account.
- Once you have logged in your account page will show a grid titled ‘My Software’ which will contain your copy of MATLAB. Press the download arrow. This will take you to an installer page. Select your operating system (macOS, Windows, or Linux) and your installer will automatically download.
- Once downloaded, open the installer.
- You will be given the option to ‘Log in with a MathWorks Account’ or ‘Use a File Installation Key’. Select ‘Log in’ and press Next.
- Read and accept the terms of the license agreement.
- Log in using your MathWorks account.
- The installer will have preselected your licence. Press Next.
- The installer will have preselected an install destination. You can use this or select your own.
- You will be asked what components MATLAB you would like to install. If you’re not sure which components of MATLAB you'll need, you can either install the default choices or select all of them.
- You will be taken to a summary page. Press Install.
- The program will install and download any additional components. This may take some time.
- The installer will verify your licence and ask you to confirm you will be the only user. Press next.
- You will now have a window appear that says ‘Activation is complete.’ Press Finish. You can now use MATLAB on your device.