Short Term Loan
***Please note: Assistance cannot be given towards tuition / accommodation fees.***
Royal Holloway can provide short term INTEREST FREE loans of up to £500 to students in emergency financial difficulty, to assist in cash flow problems such as awaiting late student loans, funds from parents or money from abroad.
This is an interest free loan which is to be repaid by an agreed date and is subject to the following:
- Failure to repay the loan on the agreed repayment date will render the student a College Debtor and they will be subject to the rules and regulations associated with that status.
- Anyone who has in anyway defaulted on a repayment due date may not be considered for another Principal’s loan in the future.
- Students must have no outstanding college debts in order to be eligible for the loan
- Funds will take 3-4 working days to be credited to your bank account.
- An email will be sent to the student advising of when their loan request will be paid and of the agreed repayment date.
***Please make sure your bank details are up to date on Campus Connect***
How to apply:
- Make sure you have read ALL the information regarding the loan before applying
- Complete the Loan Application Form
- Ensure you have photocopies/ screen prints of the following supporting documents (that are relevant to you)
- 3 months bank statements for ALL your bank accounts (ISA, Savings, Current etc.)
- Proof of how you are repaying the loan - i.e. regular income from parents/ student loan/ scholarship etc.
4. Take completed application to the Student Financial Wellbeing Office
in Founders West 150.