Royal Holloway University of London is open with social distancing measures in place for individual music-making, one-to-one teaching and opportunities for students to receive world-class performance opportunities.
For the safety of yourself and others, for the foreseeable future we have implemented various guidelines and resources to ensure you can still practice and rehearse safely in one of our buildings: Woodlands Building, Woodlands Cottage and Engineers Cottage. It is important that you adhere to social distancing guidelines within any of our music practice spaces.
The Department of Music has also mitigated unnecessary contact between individuals by implementing the following guidance and resources:
Each music practice space is mapped out with blue 3-metre floor markings, although dependent on the activity, 2-metre social distancing may be implemented. Please refer to the advertised floor map displayed in a given room for advised 2-metre social distancing (marked in green).
Booking of practice rooms to be made online via Resource Booker to ensure “contact-free” bookings. All students and staff must have a confirmed booking before entering a room, to ensure the safety of yourself and others. Facilities staff to patrol the building to ensure the correct use of practice rooms.
We have implemented a number of specialism specific spaces for practice purposes to reduce unnecessary contact between individuals:
- Woodlands Room 1 is allocated to double bass and historic performance students only;
- Woodlands Rooms 2, 3, and 4 are allocated to keyboard students enrolled onto MU2201, MU3393 and MU5539 only;
- Woodlands Cottage 0-02 and Engineers Cottage Room 0-01 are allocated to percussion students only;
- Engineers Cottage 0-02, 0-04, and 0-05 are allocated to jazz, musical theatre and popular music students only;
- Woodlands Cottage 0-03 is allocated to postgraduate performance students only.
Try as much as possible to use rooms designated for single occupancy. Room capacities will also be displayed in each room.
For full information about music practice spaces, available protective equipment and social distancing, please refer to our Music Performance at Royal Holloway: Coronavirus (COVID-19) – A Guide on Moodle and Student Intranet or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.